Certified Nursing Assistant
Regency Home Health, a growing home health agency, is seeking Certified Nursing Assistants for:
PRN (as needed) aides:
Houston areas - Southwest Houston, Northwest Houston, and Northeast Houston
Primary function is to provide personal healthcare and related services to the client in their place of residence; to assist in providing a safe and clean environment, work cooperatively with patient and family and share observations and problems with the supervisor. Works under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse.
Education – High School Diploma; completion of Certified Nursing Assistant Program.
Licensure – Must have current driver’s license.
Experience – Two years of experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a clinical setting is preferred, home health experience is required.
Skills – Must be able to read and write in English and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively. Demonstrates interest in the welfare of ill and elderly. Proof of current CPR and Hepatitis profile.
Transportation – Reliable transportation. Valid and current auto liability insurance.
- Provide direct patient care to patient under direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of Care.
- Provide necessary skills to assist the patient with safe transfers and ambulation per agency policy.
- Provide necessary skill to appropriately report changes and document pertinent information and care rendered to patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Practice accepted infection control principles. Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient/family and other employees.
- Provide an environment which promotes respect for patient, privacy and property.
- Provide skills necessary to assist the patient with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake.
- Contribute to the management and efficient operation of the agency and demonstrate effective time management skills.
- Provide skills necessary to perform treatments and procedures according to agency policy.
- Demonstrate commitment, professional growth and competency by attending 12 hours of inservices per year.
- Promote the agency philosophy and administrative policies to ensure quality of care.